Blah

Rubbish, piffle, tommyrot, drivel and utter bilge

Friday, December 25, 2009

Tuneage for your Christmas Day

For the big day I'm posting a tune which was never intended as a Christmas song, "Stop The Cavalry" by Jona Lewie. It was written as an anti-war tune and in fact was a summer hit in France, but the record company heard the line "I wish I was at home for Christmas", and that, along with the brass band arrangement, prompted them to release it in early November in the UK. It was only the death of John Lennon that prevented "Stop The Cavalry" from reaching number 1 or 2 for Christmas, due to re-releases of Lennon songs being in those spots. Here's the video. Have a good Christmas and I'll talk at ya later.


1 comment:

  1. I vaguely remember this tune. Perhaps "Rock over London" is responsible for planting it in my brain.

    ReplyDelete

Complaints, comments, questions, concerns, missing or broken links, etc?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...