Blah

Rubbish, piffle, tommyrot, drivel and utter bilge

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A Lovely Meal, Over In Seconds

"Fast food! I don't know why they don't just flush it straight down the toilet, cut out the middleman! That'd speed things up a bit, wouldn't it?" -- Ben Elton

I have come to a conclusion. An epiphany. A satori, if you believe in Zen.

I hate fast food. But not all of it.

Every once in a while I get the craving for a burger & fries, and having given in to the call of the fast-food joint, I feel satisfied after the first couple of bites. Then the bloated feeling comes on and that is swiftly followed by the "Oh-crap-why-did-I-do-that" feeling. Then comes buyer's remorse. Unfortunately, having consumed the damn thing, I can't get my money back and go spend it on a Power Bar.

Unfortunately, not everyone feels the way I do. McDonalds operates in over 100 countries. And I give them credit, I like their food better than Burger King, Wendy's, Krystal or Checkers. Sonic is kind of an even par with Mickey D's for me.

At least McDonald's burgers actually taste like burgers. Burger King puts way too much mustard on the burgers, for one thing. And they go on and on in their commercials about that 'flame-broiled' flavor. The next time I want to taste lighter fluid I'll go to a Walmart and buy a bottle and a straw. Thanks.

Wendy's says their beef is always fresh, never frozen. Even if that's true, why have they got to be square? And the cheese you use is nasty. It is more like Velveeta. It's too sticky, not like real cheese. Even then, Wendy's wins out over Checkers in that the cheese at Checkers is just that horrible cheese-sauce-in-a-can that the 7-Eleven likes to call nacho cheese.

Krystal's burgers are not terrible, but they are miniscule, so that just sucks.

The food I like at McD's the best is their breakfast food. The Sausage McMuffin with Egg is my favorite. For breakfast fast food, my top 3 are McD's, Bojangles, and Chick-Fil-A.

In different countries around the world, McDonald's food is designed to reflect the different cultures, which leads to some interesting menu items. Here's the link:

McDonald's Food Around the World

That's it, I'm moving to Norway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Complaints, comments, questions, concerns, missing or broken links, etc?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...