Blah

Rubbish, piffle, tommyrot, drivel and utter bilge

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Excuse Me, I Have A Question



It was while watching some 80s videos on the TV downstairs that I had an idea for a new feature on the blog. New Year, new feature. Why not?

I was watching David Bowie's "Let's Dance" video, a seminal work by director David Mallet in which an Aboriginal couple struggle with Western metaphors while Bowie and his band watch impassively while playing in a bar. Accompanied by 15-year old Josh's comment that the video contained some "seriously crap dancing". It was the bit when Our Dave stands in a field and pretends badly to be playing the guitar solo that it occurred to me - who did play the guitar solo? Frampton? Fripp? Bueller? Bueller?

So I had to look it up.

And I was surprised by the answer.

So from now on, music fans, Saturday (today being one) will be the day when I pose to you a new teaser of a similar ilk. In other words, Saturday is Jeff's Musical Puzzler Day!

So, firstly.... who did play that solo?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Complaints, comments, questions, concerns, missing or broken links, etc?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...