Blah

Rubbish, piffle, tommyrot, drivel and utter bilge

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Now I've Seen It All

Every time I say, "Now I've seen it all", that usually means I'll see something worse the next day. But sometimes you're walking around in a shop or on the street or watching something on TV and something appears in front of your face that just is so odd or off-kilter that it makes you go 'Whoa!' and you think that now you've seen it all. The absolute limit. Well, today just such a thing happened to me. My Sis and I went to Ashford (joy of joys) with our shopping list and as we were merrily trotting around Tesco and making a spectacle of ourselves (dancing around the aisles, singing along with the in-store muzak and generally being loud and annoying was just the tip of the iceberg), we entered the aisle where the air fresheners reside. As we were reaching for the Febreze, I spotted this on the top shelf:

Yes folks. You saw it here. National Geographic Plug-in air fresheners. Evidently this is not a new phenomenon. I said to Sis, "Well, it's news to me!" And that wasn't all. There were Nat Geo reed diffusers, sprays, candles and the like as well. I was gobsmacked. And it was then that I uttered those words, that I'd seen it all. 
So I came home and did a bit of digging around and found that if you go to http://www.world-scents.co.uk/
you can read all about them (it's a gorgeous website by the way, with stunning photos - but then what else would you expect from Nat Geo?). There are even wallpaper and screensaver downloads on the site, and a video of the commercial. Is it just me or do other people find the concept of National Geographic Magazine becoming a brand of air freshener a little, well, I dunno... bizarre? Please tell me I am not alone in this.

I mean, what next? Wall Street Journal Beef Jerky? Daily Mirror Detergent? Or a little GQ candy bar? Where will it all end?

1 comment:

Complaints, comments, questions, concerns, missing or broken links, etc?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...