Blah

Rubbish, piffle, tommyrot, drivel and utter bilge

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Goosebump City

Earlier this evening I was on Facebook (like that's a surprise) and a mate posted a YouTube video of one of my favouritest ever ever ever (OK, that's quite enough) songs, the lovely Song To The Siren by This Mortal Coil.





This is a song that can produce goosebumps on me every time. I had the computer speakers on fairly loudly and at first I worried that it would be too loud for the other occupants of the house, but after hearing no voice of complaint after about 15 seconds I decided to just let the thing play. At the end of it I shivered a little, wiped a dewy tear from my eye and thought,".....aaaahhhhhh. It just does not get any better than that."

There is a short list of songs that have the power to do that. If I played them all at once I would just be a puddle at the end of it.

Here are some.

Roy Orbison - In Dreams






Ronettes - Be My Baby





Monsoon (feat. Sheila Chandra) - Sunset Over The Ganges






The Smiths - Asleep






The Art Of Noise - Moments In Love






This Mortal Coil - Kangaroo






David Sylvian and Ryuichi Sakamoto - Forbidden Colours






Japan - Ghosts






Goosebump City.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Complaints, comments, questions, concerns, missing or broken links, etc?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...