Blah

Rubbish, piffle, tommyrot, drivel and utter bilge

Monday, December 30, 2013

Why I'm Going Dry




Over on the top left you'll see a link to My DryAthlon Page. This isn't anything to do with new faster processors for computers, nor an ad for a new cleaning business in which I am the silent partner. I am taking part in a month-long fundraising effort by Cancer Research UK. All I have to do is go without the booze for the entire month of January. What you guys can do for me, if you'd be so goodly kind, is to sponsor my efforts. How can you do this? Well, I'll tell you.


  1. You can donate by clicking on the button top left that says "Sponsor Me". it'll redirect you to my page where you can donate using a credit or debit card. If the button doesn't work, just go to justgiving.com/Jeff2014 and you'll be there.
  2. Alternatively you can use your mobile phone (if you are on a UK network) and text the code JEFY48  and your amount (£1, £2, £3, £5 or £10) to 70070. Standard network rates apply.
  3. You can come up to me in the street or at my place of work and fill in my sponsor sheet which as of Jan 1st I will have on me at all times. You can even give me the money at the same time if you like so I don't have to hunt you down on Feb. 1.
Why am I doing this? 
  1. Because it's a worthwhile cause. The sooner we as a species can eradicate cancer the better.
  2. Because I need to lose weight, and swearing off booze has been shown to have that effect. I need to lose weight for my own sake, and for the people I love. I want to be around for a long time.
So there you have it. That's what I'm up to, why I'm doing it, and why you should care. Now don't just sit there - press that button! Or, why not join me in my efforts, either as an act of moral support or as a way of raising money yourself. Thanks guys! I know you can help!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Complaints, comments, questions, concerns, missing or broken links, etc?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...