Blah

Rubbish, piffle, tommyrot, drivel and utter bilge

Monday, July 22, 2013

Early Crush

A while ago in a Facebook group that I am a member of, a person posed the question: Who was your first TV crush? I remembered mine straight away.  In the early 70s, there was a TV gameshow called The Golden Shot. I'm not going to bore you with the details, because that is irrelevant. The reason I liked it, despite the fact I was only about 5 or 6 years of age, was because of Anne Aston. What was so great about her that she could have made such a serious impression on one so young? Bear in mind the fact that even though I wasn't fully aware at that stage of the fun that could be had with pretty women, I knew I liked them, the way they looked. And so it was with Anne Aston. She was the glamour part of the show, the reason all the men tuned in on a Saturday evening. She was glorious.








It's no coincidence that my current television fave, Rachel Riley, looks more than a little like Anne.



And then there was Dr. Who's assistant, Jo Grant, played by Katy Manning. A wholesome English Rose with a bit of a wild streak.





Imagine my 12-year old surprise when in 1977 Katy posed for Girl Illustrated Magazine in a (successful, to my mind) bid to shake off the wholesome bit and show the wild side a little more. Wow.

Warning:NSFW!


Wow.

1 comment:

  1. Anne Aston is very familiar to me on account of occasionally trawling around for similar images to Valérie Čižmárová, for whom I run the Fan Blog, 'Bananas For Breakfast' and Anne being one of those similar images. However, I have been so struck by a similarity between Valérie and Anne independently of that that I have included Anne in a 'Side-By-Side' in an album called 'Valérie Čižmárová's Side-By-Sides' at my 'The Curves Man' Flickr which is linked from both of my 'Bananas For Breakfast' and 'Girls Of The Golden East' WordPress Blogs and the 'Girls Of The Golden East' Tumblr, but you can find it by searching for 'The Curves Man Flickr'.

    I think that the similarities between Anne and Valérie (certainly the former in 1969 versus the latter in 1970) are more marked than between Anne and Rachel Riley and it's very interesting that I have just commented on your feature on weather presenters and I am talking of Rachel, since I think of her in the same breath as Sarah Keith-Lucas, so I'm surprised that Sarah didn't get a look-in regarding your favourite weather presenters if you're implying that you're a fan of Rachel's.

    ReplyDelete

Complaints, comments, questions, concerns, missing or broken links, etc?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...