Blah

Rubbish, piffle, tommyrot, drivel and utter bilge

Monday, July 22, 2013

Early Crush

A while ago in a Facebook group that I am a member of, a person posed the question: Who was your first TV crush? I remembered mine straight away.  In the early 70s, there was a TV gameshow called The Golden Shot. I'm not going to bore you with the details, because that is irrelevant. The reason I liked it, despite the fact I was only about 5 or 6 years of age, was because of Anne Aston. What was so great about her that she could have made such a serious impression on one so young? Bear in mind the fact that even though I wasn't fully aware at that stage of the fun that could be had with pretty women, I knew I liked them, the way they looked. And so it was with Anne Aston. She was the glamour part of the show, the reason all the men tuned in on a Saturday evening. She was glorious.








It's no coincidence that my current television fave, Rachel Riley, looks more than a little like Anne.



And then there was Dr. Who's assistant, Jo Grant, played by Katy Manning. A wholesome English Rose with a bit of a wild streak.





Imagine my 12-year old surprise when in 1977 Katy posed for Girl Illustrated Magazine in a (successful, to my mind) bid to shake off the wholesome bit and show the wild side a little more. Wow.

Warning:NSFW!


Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Complaints, comments, questions, concerns, missing or broken links, etc?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...