Blah

Rubbish, piffle, tommyrot, drivel and utter bilge

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Ming Tea

So last week I asked of you who this lot were....


The answer is Ming Tea. They are in fact a genuine band, having played in public on more than one occasion (several times at The Viper Room, I believe). That, to me, defines what a band is, and if you don't believe me, well, it's my game, so I make the rules.

So the second part of my question was who the female guitarist is, and who the bass player is. You might have guessed from the question that they are bona fide celeb musicians, and you'd be right. The bassist is Matthew Sweet (a.k.a. Sid Belvedere) and the female guitarist is Susanna Hoffs of The Bangles, in character as Gillian Shagwell. The other two members are drummer Stuart Johnson (Manny Stixman) and Christopher Ward, longtime MuchMusic VJ and composer of the Alannah Myles hit Black Velvet (as Trevor Aigburth) on guitar.

Here they are, with 'Daddy Wasn't There', from "Goldmember".




So, next question...

Susanna Hoffs was a member of all-girl group The Bangles. She wrote a song for another member of an all-girl group... who was it and what was the title of the song?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Complaints, comments, questions, concerns, missing or broken links, etc?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...