Blah

Rubbish, piffle, tommyrot, drivel and utter bilge

Friday, July 9, 2010

History Lesson

I was just looking through my email inbox and went all the way back to February 2008, where I had written an email to some friends describing my experience with pneumonia. I thought I would post it as it kinda amused me in a funny way. Here it is:
From: jeffie2k@hotmail.com
To: (deleted)
Subject: I'm back
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 13:14:23 -0500

Hi guys, how are you? Good, I hope. I just got out of the hospital a day or so ago. I was laid up with a bad case of pneumonia. I was feeling kinda crappy on Saturday afternoon and was getting ready to go to work and Kristy could see I didn't feel good, so she asked me if I hurt anywhere. Well, I had had this dry unproductive cough that had been hanging on for grim death for a couple of weeks and now everytime i coughed, the left side of my chest hurt. So I told her about it and she called the ambulance. When they came in they said i was as white as a sheet. I got to the ER and they did all kind of tests and hooked me up to all kinds of wires. My chest looked  like the back of a stereo. They did a chest X-ray and a CAT scan, and were constantly monitoring my blood pressure, gave me Demerol for the pain and eventually said they wanted to keep me in for a couple days but all the beds were taken so I would have to be moved to the other campus down the street. So another ambulance ride and into my room where I stayed for 2 and 1/2 days. Lovely hospital food, antibiotics, blood tests, breathing treatments etc. They sent me home with a laundry list of meds to take, and I have to schedule another CAT scan soon to make sure all the build up on my left lung has dissipated, or if it's something else. However, I'm at home now, feeling OK for the most part but with the knowledge that i have to start looking after myself and lose some weight. They made me get weighed in the hospital and I was shocked. It was the first time in about 3 years I have stepped on a scale and I weigh more than twice what I weighed when I got married the first time. Forget cloning!! I'm two Jeffs as it is. They told me if we hadn't called the ambulance when we did, and had tried to go to work instead, the consequences could have been disastrous. From now on I'm going to start taking my body's aches and pains seriously. Anyway I just wanted to let everyone know I'm still alive! 
Take it easy, 
 
Jeff
Well, I am pleased to say that I have been taking care of myself and now weigh about 65 pounds less. I bought some jeans in a smaller size the other day (40) and they fit! I am now 10 inches smaller round the middle. Yes, that's right. At the time I wrote this email, I was wearing size 50 pants. Gulp.

Look after yourselves out there, everyone.

1 comment:

Complaints, comments, questions, concerns, missing or broken links, etc?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...