Blah

Rubbish, piffle, tommyrot, drivel and utter bilge

Friday, November 2, 2018

Halloween Story Challenge: Charlie Hickmott

No Eyes



Dusk was upon us. Day had drawn to a close. The town; Portland, Oregon. One of those days when the sky opened up, and the fog obscured the Western Hemlock and Cedar trees. Surrounded by the half-darkness they looked for all the world to be trolls and ogres, ready amongst the shadows to gobble up passers-by.

My car pulled up the gravel path to the town house my roommate owned. The porch groaned under my heft. The house was old, and showed as much. As the door creaked open, darkness greeted me. My roommate preferred to keep the house dark. He told me never to, “attack the shadows,” though that seemed an odd way to word that thought.

The day at work had been long , so tea was necessary. The kettle spewed steam, and the bag steeped comfortably. The couch looked warm and cozy; below the blankets, taste of tea, ahhh. The darkness was not so bothersome now.

But a sound began to waft down from the upper floor. A sound close to a scream. Louder. Louder. Down the steps. Almost at the rear of the couch. Then, a shout! Felt the breath on my face. And suddenly he appeared.

My roommate. Blood seeped from the sockets.

For he had no eyes.



Charlie Hickmott

No comments:

Post a Comment

Complaints, comments, questions, concerns, missing or broken links, etc?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...