Blah

Rubbish, piffle, tommyrot, drivel and utter bilge

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

You Are A Fan

I like Facebook. I am not ashamed to admit I am probably on the site more than I should be. Big deal. However, there are a few things on the site that annoy me. The one that really gets my goat is where they try to get me to 'become a fan' of something or someone purely based on what I am already a fan of. This concept in itself is not a bad one. After all, it makes perfect sense that if one thing is similar to another, and I like one of those things, then it's just possible that I may find the other one similarly entertaining. However, some of the ludicrous suggestions that pop up are laughable. Who decides what things are similar to others? Just a minute ago it was suggested by Facebook that simply because I am a fan of Lee Evans, a very funny comedian and actor you will all remember as Tucker from There's Something About Mary, that I might be interested in becoming a fan of Cheryl Cole, a stupid trout who purports to be a chanteuse. Similarly, because I am a fan of the online game known as Plants Vs. Zombies,  the 'book seems to think I might like to become a fan of Manny Villar. I said to myself, "Who he?"

He's a Filipino politician.

Let's see if we can connect the dots here..... Zombies... Night Of The Living Dead... George A. Romero... Romero sounds Spanish... so does Villar! I get it!

It'd be like saying you'd be a fan of me because you are also a fan of roast beef.

Listen up, Facebook. If you cannot connect two items in one simple step - then chances are I'm not gonna be a fan, alright?!

All I can suppose is that Facebook, instead of going through the regular channels when they need to hire staff, has either decided to just reach out the front door and grab whoever happens to be walking past at the time, or they found some unemployed chimps down at the Zoo and offered them the job. Some sort of new initiative to promote diversity in the workforce, I expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Complaints, comments, questions, concerns, missing or broken links, etc?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...